CP - Comboios de Portugal expresses concern for the situation of Apeadeiro 2020 workers and clarifies the following regarding the cafeteria and bar service on board Alfa Pendular and Intercidades trains, which is under concession:
1. CP has always fulfilled its obligations, promptly paying the concessionaire Apeadeiro 2020 the agreed amounts. However, the service provided by the concession holder has been deteriorating over the last few months, with a lack of products, food and beverages.
2. CP has, on several occasions, alerted the concessionaire to the shortcomings in the service, demanding compliance with the specifications. Unfortunately, the situation was not resolved, so CP suspended the cafeteria and bar service on board the Alfa Pendular and Intercidades trains, to the detriment of CP and its clients;
3. Given the fulfilment of the contract, including the payment of the amounts due, CP does not understand why the concessionaire has failed to fulfil its obligations towards its workers, leaving more than one hundred families in a situation of uncertainty;
4. The situation of Apeadeiro 2020 workers is delicate, especially about back pay, and even though it is not its responsibility, CP is concerned about these workers and has made every effort to ensure that their rights are protected;
5. After several meetings with Apeadeiro 2020, the concessionaire has not presented any credible solution for the provision of the service contracted with CP and to resolve the question of back pay to its workers;
6. CP has decided to immediately terminate the contract for the cafeteria and bar service on the Alfa Pendular and Intercidades trains and has initiated the legal procedures to launch a new international public tender as a matter of urgency;
7. CP will do everything possible so that, with the hiring of a new concessionaire for the bar service on long-distance trains, the workers of Apeadeiro 2020 can keep their jobs.
CP - Comboios de Portugal is committed to quickly resolving the current situation so that its passengers can again enjoy the cafeteria and bar service on Alfa Pendular and Intercidades trains and that the Apeadeiro 2020 workers can keep their jobs and recover their back pay.