The clock museum, which first opened its doors in Serpa in 1995, contains a collection that began in 1972, when António Tavares d'Almeida (1948-2012), inherited his grandfather's three broken pocket watches. Since then the museum has been given almost 400 broken clocks and watches that have been fixed and put on display by the museum's master watchmakers.
See the suggestion for a trip to Évora written by our ambassador Inês Manuel.
CP Services: Intercidades
The museum is about a 5-minute walk from Évora station.
Palácio Barrocal, Rua de Serpa Pinto, 6 – beside Praça do Giraldo