CP - Comboios de Portugal decided to join the 'Transport Research Arena' - TRA Lisbon 2022, the largest European research and technology conference on transport and mobility, which runs from 14 to 17 November at the Lisbon Congress Centre and has as its motto "Moving Together - Reimagining Mobility Worldwide".
CP Director, Joaquim Guerra, will participate in the second Plenary Session with the theme "Green Mobility and decarbonisation", which will take place on Tuesday, starting at 10:30.
In addition to participating in the plenary session, CP will give two presentations related to its activity in the exhibition space, called "Portugal Corner".
As the largest land transport operator in Portugal, CP joins this conference as one of the main sponsors and exhibitors.
Rolling stock exhibition at Alcântara Mar - 14 to 20 November
In addition, CP decided to take this opportunity to hold an exhibition of some units of its rolling stock, namely units recovered in its workshops over the last three years. On the Alcântara Mar line (parallel to the Lisbon Congress Centre, on the river side), congress participants and the general public will be able to visit:
- three Arco series coaches, acquired in 2020, which currently circulate on the Minho line in Interregional service;
- two Schindler series carriages, currently running on the Douro line
- an electric locomotive from the 2600 series
- the VIP coach, a coach with a meeting room, which is part of CP's offer for rental to groups who wish to carry out activities on board
- a generator wagon used to supply power to the trains composed of a locomotive and carriage, when necessary.
The general public may visit the exhibition free of charge between 14 and 20 November, from 9 am to 5 pm.